Painting and drawing is an integral part of my life, and has been since a very early age. At the moment I am interested in formal elements of painting and drawing inspired by the world around me and the many countries I visit, and in finding meaning where others do not - in the fall of light on a sandy building in Riyadh, the chaos of the shacks of Kampala, the crowded taxi parks of Johannesburg. My art is a search for perfection that is not often found in life. I am fortunate enough to travel widely in the Middle East and Africa, but I have not found my Tahiti - a landscape populated with many Venuses and primary colours, instead I find landscape covered in sandy construction sites, tin roofed shacks, humanity sweating as trucks our loaded with voluminous bundles. But within these spaces there is balance and form and structure - all elements that are abstracted in my paintings.
Unless otherwise noted pieces are for sale and prices range between $200 and $2000
Please subscribe to my newsletter or contact me on: firstname.lastname@example.org
+2783 442 2508.
I would like to acknowledge and appreciate the support and guidance I have received from Ricky Burnett, as critic and teacher.
- Sandon Gallery, Johannesburg, various 1982-1987
- Nommo Gallery, Kampala, 1993
- 50: Private exhibition, Johannesburg, 2015
- Call / Response Art Clip Africa, Lagos, 2016
- Call / Response The Gavin Project, Johannesburg 2016
- The Joburg Fringe, Johannesburg 2016
- Summer Salon, AVA, Cape Town
- Art Africa Fair, Cape Town, 2017
- Closer than Ever, Momo Gallery, Cape Town, 2017
- Whats Art For, Cape Town, 2017
- Night Landings, 70 Juta, Johannesburg, 2017
- SikkaFair, Dubai, 2018
- The Point of Order, Johannesburg, 2018